Saturday, January 2, 2016

Ricotta Stuffed Sweet Peppers

New year, new goals!  For my first post of 2016 I decided to go with something that was on the healthier side (this recipe is a 21 day fix recipe) but packed full of flavor to help those out there with new year resolutions like ‘eating healthier’ or ‘losing weight.’   For me those are definitely on my list as well as getting my butt back in gear in the gym.  Usually the more I cook at home vs. grabbing Chipotle on the way home is a bit friendlier on my waist, so cheers to more posts and toning up!

 Ingredients
3oz, or 3-6 slices bacon chopped
3/4 cup skim ricotta cheese
1/3 cup grated parmesan
1/2 cup chopped spinach
Dash of onion powder
Dash of garlic powder
Salt & Pepper to taste
24ct  2-3" long sweet baby peppers

Directions

Cook bacon per directions, drain and set aside.  In a separate bowl add ricotta, parmesan, chopped spinach, garlic powder, onion powder to bowl and mix.  Add salt & pepper to taste.  Add the drained and chopped bacon to the bowl and mix in.  Set the mix aside.  Wash and cut the peppers.  Cut ½ - ¼ inch from stem and clean out seeds.  Use a spoon to stuff the peppers.  I also used a finger to make sure they were fully stuffed.  Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes.  The peppers should still be a bit crisp.




No comments:

Post a Comment